View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Cissy

After I quoted Jsbodhi's post here, I read that you were looking toward a hamster or a guinea pig. They are both cool. Hamster's are nocturnal and may ride their squeaky exercise wheel while you're trying to sleep. Not sure about the g. pigs. I think they'd be more diurnal. (??)

I heavily rely on that little red line that tells me my spelling is atrocious. Over time it has improved because of it but it's still pretty bad. Nesty, I'm glad you found out how to use your red lines! LOL. Shabby to the rescue!

And Nesty, I'm a renter too so I totally hear ya on having a pet that can be allowed in an apartment. Don't get a breed of dog that might be considered aggressive and try to keep it around 20 lbs. I know most larger dog lovers think smaller dogs aren't real dogs but they are. I had a mini American Eskimo once. She could get yappy and was threatening to other dogs when on a leash but my being antisocial rubbed off on her and she had a pretty crappy life. Sorry to admit that but it's true.

I used to work 12 hour shifts and with travel time and the unpaid 30 minute lunch break, I'd be gone for 14 hours at a time. She was stuck in the apartment and that was that. I'd take her out for potty breaks but she rarely ever got walked. This made her all the worse on the leash when it came to seeing other dogs.

Poor dog was struck and killed by a car at the age of 6. Talk about a time for drinking! My sister (who never drinks and doesn't like that I do/did) got a call from me telling her that the dog was dead, I wasn't going to work and I was on my way over with a bottle of wine. As always, her door was open.

Two weeks later, I got my current dog. She is named Cisco or "Cissy." My name is actually Cheryl. Feel free to keep calling me Cissy though. Don't want to confuse anybody. Just "revealing myself."