View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
FacingFuture

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Good morning, it is day 2. I didn't sleep great (it has been hot here), but I didn't wake up with the mild hangover symptoms I've been experiencing, even when I have one or two glasses of wine. (I was curious, did that happen to any of you towards the end? Seems like in the past I could drink a whole bottle of wine without feeling ill effects. Perhaps that 6 months of sobriety reset something in me. If so, I'm very grateful).
Hey matilda. Congrats on day 2! Getting through day 1 is a HUGE accomplishment.

Yes, I've experienced the few-drink hangover phenomenon. I think it can be because of a few things. And yes, your long sober streak probably had something to do with it. When you we're drinking a lot previously your body likely got used to it and upped the enzimes/hormones/etc that it needed to clear out the toxins. Then you stopped, your body healed and it stopped producing everything. Just a guess.

When I stumble after a sober streak it happens to me.

Regardless, CONGRATS again on making it to day 2!

Jsbohdi: Agreed! We're always chasing that great experience, but it happens lees and less as we progress down the rabbit hole of drinking. I can remember 1 or 2 times in the last year where I had that "great" experience.