View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
saoirse

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Oh man I feel your struggle. Day 1 is brutal, no matter what. Give yourself time and be as kind to yourself as you can be. I think anything is possible, and probable without alcohol. I know with drink in my life I will never be the woman I want to be. Really I just want to healthy, peaceful, non harming (to myself and others) and a good mom. When I'm happy and healthy it shows, and that attracts good things to me. It will for you too.
I'm trying to think ofa phrase that someone once said...something like 'I can't walk out of the forest in half the distance it took me walk in'...or something like that. In other words, I didn't dig my whole in one week, so it'll take a while to dig out. But each day gets better and better. And the tough days? They are opportunities for growth. Hang in there. Your worst day sober is better than your best day drunk
Well said! Flip. Heading into another weekend and grateful for this site and the weekender thread. Welcome to all the new joiners and hope everyone has a good day!