View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

So yesterday, our management team that I am a part of had a meeting, whereupon my boss suggested that" we all should go out and get some food and drinks together soon, to help build team morale and bond..." I had told my boss when I quit drinking back in April, because I had no idea if I was going to go through withdrawal, etc. I am guessing she probably just doesn't remember. I really have no problem at this point being around drinkers and being in a bar, but if this goes down, I am going to have to explain to everyone else why I am not drinking. Or do I? I know that if certain individuals find out about my sobriety, it will be spread all around my workplace. Which I really don't care, as I will freely admit my issue to anyone who asks. It's just that I feel many people, including those I supervise, don't really understand alcoholism and still view it as a moral issue and a personal weakness, not a disease. It's really the first situation that this could become an issue for me. I certainly won't be forced into a situation like Inc was recently, but it could still be uncomfortable if it actually comes to pass. Fortunately, our team is not the best on follow through!