View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Amp, don't feel bad about craving, it is a physical as well as a psychological response, one you have no control over. The way you deal with any craving though, is your choice and you chose not to drink. To me that makes you a winner.
I'm sorry that your birthday wasn't as you would have wished, sometimes we put too high an expectation on something and feel let down when it doesn't turn out to be perfect. If you feel at fault, be a man and apologise. Maybe have 'birthday 2.0 ' at the weekend, planning ahead of the trip where you will eat & what you will do?

Great post Arry.

Hey Sass, how are you sleeping these days?

Glee, I had zero self respect and plenty of self loathing just before I quit, in fact it was my inability to look myself in the eye that really enforced the desire to quit, I was fed up of hating myself for allowing myself to be a drunk.

Milestones are reminders of what we are achieving, some might be little ones, some way more substantial,, but each time we have a success, our spine gets a little straighter. We cannot expect respect and love from others if we don't feel it for ourselves, but as Glee says, once we begin to love and respect ourselves, we ought demand no less from those around us. How we feel about ourselves affects how others treat us, but equally, how others treat us affects how we feel about ourselves. We do not deserve to be treated poorly by those who profess to care about us.