View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Thanks, Croissant, but I feel anything but strong. Today, I'm ashamed to admit that I regretted handing in the pills. I really feel miserable and wanted to numb out. I honestly have to say that this whole past year has been worse than when I was drinking. That's sad to say. Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing for me, quitting. I can't stand how I feel. Like Cow says in her thread, I don't really post looking for sympathy, but I just can't see any solution. I talked to my brother on the weekend and I was so so anxious. He's a very strong, somewhat narcissistic character and I don't know if I could live with him. His wife waits on him hand and foot in every way. He has no idea of my grief.
I've never really grown up/matured. I guess alcoholism played a big role in this.
Sorry folks, I'm posting because I don't want to go into my prescribed lorazepam to numb out now. Every minute feels like agony right now. I honestly feel worse sober.

'I honestly feel worse sober'

I don't doubt that you feel that way today Leshar, but as someone who's followed your journey here I've seen you in your darkest hour...and this is not that hour.

You've come through worse than this

and there have been times when you've really bloomed in recovery.

The problem is not that you're incapable of leading a happy life...it's just a question of finding out what you need to maintain that happiness

I really wish I knew that answer for you, but in lieu of that, you have my admiration and support.

D