Thread: Update...
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Update...

So, a lot of you have been good "virtual" friends for quite some time and I was thinking I ought to share the latest....

xAH was arrested, again, last winter... trial is sometime this fall... Trying my best to not be involved in it but as our kids were involved in the situation that resulted in his arrest, his dirt bag lawyer subpeonaed both girls so Im dealing with that as best I can and by that I mean Im helping the kids deal...

xAH moved 6 + hours away about a month ago. He calls now and then. That's about it.

As bad a parent as he was, as much as he made my life a living hell being nearby, its been hard to see the hurt my littlest DD feels over the idea that her dad up and left... She's angry, being overtly cruel to her older sister, constantly having meltdowns and telling me I should just move away too and she wants no parents...

Im no psychologist, but rejection/abandonment issues maybe? Sad that even when a parent is awful, it still hurts the kids to have that parent bail on them....

I have a great job, some close friends, am trying to navigate the dating world and am finding myself EXHAUSTED in a way that I can't describe...

Years and years of being on high alert, wondering what the narcissist xAH was up to and what nightmares he'd create have come to an end with his geographic distance...

And I think the adrenaline has stopped coursing through my veins at lightening speed and Im tired like I can't explain...

But besides being tired, life is pretty calm and good and mundane most days and boy is that nice