View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:04 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
amp123

Hey guys! Yesterday was my first sober birthday in almost 30 years. I wanted it to be a great day and was looking forward to celebrating sober but in the end it turned out to be a little disappointing. Work was a stress and though I left early I was fielding calls and messages all the time. Took the family down town and everyone got in a kind of stupid argument about what kind of food we should eat and I was feeling nervous and started getting cravings to drink. That's rare these days and I felt disappointed in myself. Like even thinking about it is letting myself down.
Anyway all of that started feeding into a kind of depressed mood that started off when I watched Boyhood on Monday night. It's such a beautiful movie but it threw up a lot of emotional stuff for me. In the end I couldn't wait to get home and get to bed. I felt I'd let everyone down and what was supposed to be a lovely afternoon and evening was just a downer.

Never mind. So glad I didn't drink. Another test coming up on Saturday at a big family wedding so gearing up for that one (and the 10 hours on the road!!!) over the next couple of days!

Ok! Venting over!! That's better!!! Thanks for being here guys!