View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Four months is cool. I'm looking forward to two weeks from now--day 138 will be officially twice as long as I've ever been sober before. Well, since I took my first drink back in 1999, I mean. I know some people here don't like counting days or milestones, but it appeals to the organized side of my mind. Though, of course, I also know that today, now, and the present is always the most important day of all.

Work was lousy again tonight (just very very slow, didn't make near enough money, September is always a bad month in my business) but no thoughts or craving to drink. It's nice that's not my go-to solution anymore. Heck, it's not even way on the far end of reasonable possibilities. Just not an option anymore.

I'm off the next 2.5 days and plan to go to as many AA meetings as possible and spend the rest of my time off reading. I just finished one really great novel--The Teleportation Accident by Ned Beaumann--and have two other very enjoyable novels going now--The Switch by Elmore Leonard and When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro.

The "ABC Song Title" thread on the Word Game forum here on SR has gotten me back into trying to organize my music collection in a big way. I've got a couple of big hard drives just crammed full of a mess of music that's unorganized. I love listening to music while I read. Great way to spend a lazy afternoon.

Wishing you all the best!