View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ananda

stage 4 cancer brother using pot

Hi,

I'm struggling with my brother. He is an alkie addict who is now in stage 4 cancer. He uses pot and is prescribed hydrocodone and opiates for pain. He goes nuts if he doesn't get his pot ...

I've been struggling with my own addiction to alcohol for years. Things have been tough the last 5 months after my house flooded and my brother offers help but it seems to be connected to his desire for me to help him get to Colorado to get pot...

I'm actually ok with him using drugs to ease the pain as he dies (even the doctors say if pot were allowed to be prescribed at this point they would) but his weird behavior to try and get me to help him get drugs and his attitude about it is freaking me out.

I don't know how to explain this. .. I have no issue with him using as he has pain and is dying, but his recent behavior in glorifying the drug use and trying to get me to help him get high has really gotten to me.

I'm also an ex-drug addict, but pot was "never my thing". Its the attitude, the glorification and manipulation that is basically pissing me off.

But he won't be alive in a year...if it eases his pain that is great..

it just makes me wanna puke when he starts on his talk about using and his happy face. Some of it is jealousy because everyone accepts his addiction due to his circumstances. I'm working through that part as best I can. I'm not going to help him get pot, but I have a lot of resentment that his addiction is ok cause he has cancer and mine is somehow a horror...

Just confused and posting cause I want to get better.