View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Cissy

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Thank you Cissy & Jen again Vets closed today , but I'm going to set up an appointment tomorrow . She's been on pain meds for bad hips . There getting worse even on meds . She's been losing bowel control off & on more . Then yest. she started refusing food . I cooked her some ground turkey this am , she didn't keep it down
On top of that she's been breathing hard & gagging a lot . I can't keep letting her suffer
It's pretty much time then. Dog's rarely show pain but when it comes down to the point of refusing food, vomiting up the food you have been able to coax them to eat and all the heavy breathing and stuff, those are some unmistakable indicators of the end. She's suffering and she won't improve so why prolong it?

I know how hard it is to make that decision and to say "today is the day" but the hardest part is making the decision. I'm sure you will feel it was the right thing to do, and that it was the right time. And when you have given yourself some time to grieve, there's no shortage of loveable and lonely dogs that need a good mom.

When my little girl's time comes, I won't be able to go without another pet very long. Mine is 12 1/2 and sometimes leaks urine. Lots of fatty tumors and one rather bad looking tumor on her right hip that is round and very hard to the touch. I think it won't be long but I'm watching her very closely. Still a good appetite, still doing stairs okay, etc.

God bless you, sweetie. And Baby too.