View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Tooshabby

Yep, Holds, boredom can be a big trigger, eh? I'm starting to notice though that for me, my AV will try and convince me I'm 'bored' as a ploy to get me glugging again. Once I get past the craving, I find I am easily interested in things again. Funny.

God Bob, I impressed you stopped yourself from taking a swing in that instance. Geez. I have a good friend who has the worst case of arthritis in Australasia. After countless operations already (fused vertebrae, new knees etc...) she is now due to have her *entire* spine replaced. Lecturers hold up her x-rays in lecture theatres to teach students just how bad things can get. She has been in constant agony since I have known her (decades), and to look at her, it is quite obvious there is something seriously, seriously wrong. On many occasions she has had pharmacy assistants and other medical professionals sneer at her and accuse her of being some kind of a druggie because she is there to pick up pain medication. She is the kindest person I have ever met, (her and Mr TS), despite her predicament. She doesn't tell me about these incidents any more because I think she is frightened I might kill someone. You can understand.

Rant over :-)