View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Tooshabby

Good God, that is ridiculous you were put through all that stress and rigmarole. You didn't create the worry, and I think you handled it really well. Exercise out all those frustrations - good idea!

Thanks Toki - I had a slip up (nice little euphemism) last week. Each successive time that happens I feel progressively worse. I'm seeing much more clearly what this is doing to my sense of self-worth, what I can offer people, my life etc....which I think is a good thing. It's like I'm coming out of denial, and I think SR is helping with that a lot.

I think this idea about the questions could be quite useful. I mean, if I force myself to say out loud "Do you want to hurt your son by drinking? NO", I find it hard to imagine I would go ahead and do it anyway. I have to somehow get myself off the crazy train (as Dee puts it) once it's started rolling. If I ask that question (and others) when it first begins to move, it may give me the impetus to jump out of the carriage (and do one of those cool roll maneuvers).

Have a great sober day/night all :-)