View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Gilmer I don't think I could do it. I am too territorial. I love having family to stat and have had daughter & gson stopping for several months several times, but I always end up wanting them to leave so I can get my peace back! I hope things work out for you, you do seem to be trying to see only the positives.

We went to s Giminiano and Siena today had a really good trip. It included the second wine tasting, which was more of a chore as more people were there, more was made of the experience and one Kiwi guy just wouldn't stop commenting.
(Btw Marcher, I have never come across so many antipodeans doing the eurotrek as I have this hol... They are all getting away from your winter!! )
Anyhoo, I wasn't bothered about not drinking I just wished others wouldn't make a deal of it. It didn't spoil my enjoyment of the day overall. Siena was fascinating, the old medaeval town is split into 17 contrades all with different names and flags. A person belongs to the contrade that they are baptised in. They are fiercely patriotic to their contrade, and if they marry someone of a different one, they argue about which one the kids will be baptised in! Truly fascinating. Every year I. The square they run a race called Il Paleo ( look it up on YouTube) the jockeys have no saddle and the winning contrade get to fly their colours all year.

Also the Cathedral there was amazing too.

I am pooped out we have 3 days left so are probably going to veg on the beach for the next couple.