View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 03:27 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
JaneLane

Originally Posted by K8Fazz View Post
Hey PeaceHappyness Hope you are well. Glad your AV has quietened down, it can be a b*tch can't it? I used to think that I drank through boredom, but it was just the crack that the AV needed to get alcohol back in to my life. I am back to filling my days up with stuff to do, sometimes it is just simply taking my time over things, I used to whizz around the supermarket like a woman possessed! I guess that was just getting everything I needed so that I could get back home and drink. I used to get frustrated at the people who dawdled round the shop, now I am taking my time and even spending time looking at things I have no intention of buying - just to eek out another 10 minutes of time. I have found exercising is a great way of taking up some time. I have an exercise bike in my place, so regardless of the time of day, I can jump on and spend as little or as long as I have just cycling away whilst I watch the telly or listen to music. The other thing I am doing is downloading books on to my kindle. I've always been a big reader, but in recent years have been reading for work rather than pleasure, I have gone back to fiction books this week and really enjoying getting in to some great stories. Hope you have a lovely Sunday PeaceHappyness! Well done on day 7! K8
The reading is a great suggestion. It's funny, I've always been a huge reader too, but I didn't realise how much my reading had slowed down during the drinking days. It makes sense really but I'm determined to make up for lost time and get that reading list going!