View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Retread1959

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
RETREAD. So excited for you riding, have fun!! Cant wait to hear about it. I am right there with you regarding pension plan golden handcuffs
Thank you. I had a blast! Did my first canter and I was so excited that I said "whoa!" meaning, whoa, this is awesome and the horse stopped dead in his tracks, LOL.

I do have a little pain in my side so I took one of the pain pills that supposedly wears off in 4 hours. That should be around the time I leave for my trail ride, which will be a lot less physically demanding since I doubt we'll trot or canter, just walk. I'm a little nervous about being on a new horse since I'm really starting to feel connected with my lesson horse. Should be an interesting evening.

Yeah, the golden handcuffs are tough and I'm having a hard time because I'm self taught in what I do, have tons of experience but no degree in it. Seems like that's what everyone wants these days. I'm working on a certificate so that I'll at least have some sort of credential but it may end up that I cash out my pension to strike out on my own. We'll see. It's scary and I haven't spoken with my other half about it yet; I know it will scare him too. But the job I'm in is going to kill me with depression, so I feel I have limited options. Just thinking about getting away from there makes me feel relieved.

I hope you can sort out what works for you, as well. The golden handcuffs are a pain in the rear, unless you're happy in your job.