View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
kittycat3

Day 11 today! I'm feeling better overall but still have my moments....I'm thinking about attending AA meetings but haven't done it yet. I need to find ways to connect in sobriety and not isolate.

I am inspired by something I saw this morning, browsing around on FB I found the profile of a gal that lives / works near where I live. I used to see her frequently outside smoking cigs and now and then outside the bar drinking. I only talked with her a few times and never knew her well, but she seemed like she was part party girl and somewhat angry or disconnected I suppose. Detached...Never seemed happy or open to connecting...I haven't seen her around lately and somehow found her profile and she just posted that she is 1 month sober!
Not quite sure her age, but she is probably late 20s - early 30s. In her latest pictures she looks much healthier, clearer eyes and skin and even a few with a genuine smile!
I am happy to see her looking so great and I admire her courage for sharing about her sobriety!
Really uplifting to see someone making great changes.
Happy Friday y'all.