Thread: Forgotten Child
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Payne View Post
Its been a rough few months for me, I lost a lot of people but I'm coming out the other side and focusing on the good with it. Sometimes writing helps.
Hi Payne,

I am sorry to hear that there has been a lot of loss in your life recently. Thank you for writing it out and sharing with us.

Around the time I started giving focusing on the good with it my best effort during emotionally charged time periods was the same time I felt like I was maturing and 'growing up' the way I needed in order to feel whole within myself.

Part of being a forgotten child for me was also combined with my efforts to remain as invisible as possible - to be the easy, responsible, needless child. My biggest task over the last year of active healing has been to figure out and practice how to be seen and heard. How to not disappear. Invisibility has applications as an adult, but meaningful connection in real life requires nurturing, care and presence. Oh so I have learned.

Gentle hugs for this challenging time. Your writing is beautiful. Please continue to share as you feel comfortable.