View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
obosob

Morning Fools,
8.05am,
at the desk......

Jesus, those photo's of the refugee children drowned on a beach is a hideous sight. Upset me a bit.

It's a hugely depressing world when you think about it. When you take away the world of advertising, television, media and really think for yourself, even just for a few minutes you can clearly see, when not thinking about yourself, that the world is in huge chaos.

Human nature........ it's tough out there...!

On a brighter note, the wife and I have confirmed with each other that this will be the last year teaching here.

So this makes this the last year at this school and I feel as though a huge burden has been lifted. It's good to have change coming and a new chapter for the Obo family.....

I've been thinking a lot about why I had a drink.
Really looking into what set me off, when did I drop my defences, what should have I done...etc....

HALT theory seem relevant, the AV shot through when I was super angry and hurt after a family fight....

My dad drank a lot. He used to fight with my mother usually of a Friday night after he'd been at the pub. Not physical, well once or twice. Don't worry she gave as good as she got..!

It hurt me and my two brothers significantly. We didn't understand. It went on until I was 13, then dad stopped going to the pub. I think Mum said she'd leave.....

As an adult there are no excuses, you must own all your behaviour, you must be responsible... But...
We really aren't that different from when we were children. Most of the issues that hurt us then,are still prevalent today, in some form or another.

I still have healing to do from my past...... If I had have done this with a sincere effort, then when my brother went ballsitic, I should have seen the issues, the similarity to myself, the anger and the pain.
I thought I was through the fire and in the clear.
But the truth is that I still have work to do.
I may always have work to do.

Bloody work, work, work........mmm

Hope all are well......

stay tuned...............