View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
FrankLapidas

Originally Posted by NestWasEmpty View Post
Frank I know you read my Where were you thread ... After I got out of the hosp. for a week . Dr put me on anxiety meds . Was really tough specially . because I had only alcoholic friends . Took a good 6 months , a lot of feeling down type things emotions Of the wall .. Crying , Mad sometimes just wanted to hang it up & drink till I passed out Dead . Lost all my so called friends , they just wanted the free booze . I did it all on my own this last time . No support , no AA except my man friend . Got easier as the days went by & my health improved ..
This is what we all are here for to make a New Life Journey Sober - It's worth it Frank * It Really is * By 2 going on 3 months I felt pretty normal
I tried to get into the hospital for detox, but they wouldn't take me. Then some wiseas* told me to go back and tell the hospital I was suicidal (which I was). They admitted me, but all they did was lock me in a room until I was sober enough to (they said) not be a danger to myself. So I had to self-detox, which was too horrible to even describe.

I've lost all my "so-called" friends, too. They are all booze hounds and I won't even answer my phone when they call. I'm sure they think I'm a jerk, but that's my price for sobriety. And also why I feel so isolated. My only 'friends' were big time boozers who could keep up with me,

As far as feeling 'normal', I hope I get there soon.