View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
BobBFree33

Congrats BBB! toki, I guess congrats are in order for getting another one off to college.

Tooshabby, I have that same thing: being too happy is as bad as being sad!

Day 61 and I was tested on the way home from work tonight. I have been in pain for my right knee for some time and I have been taking some time off running. But its not working, still have the pain. And my right elbow has been hurting when I use the elliptical...since I can't run. It's a pisser!

So the old demon AV, being the clever fellow he is, picked the PERFECT time to "remind" me I'm getting old, I can't do what I want, and the kicker: "What's the point of being healthy anymore..." Oh, that was a clever one! But it didn't work. The goal line, the "reward" for this little line of dis-reasoning is the memory of a relaxing drink. Except, thank the lord, by dismembering that thought process I effectively moved the goal line and smashed the reward to pieces. Because the "relaxing drink" is a false memory and the second I played the tape to that point and really remembered that wine tastes bad, hurts my stomach, and solidifies my negative thoughts at that low point, the urge passed.

Whew! And it was all brought on by basically feeling sorry for myself because I can't run like I want to. I am a baby though.....that's a fact! ha ha.

Have a great eve and early am folks!