Thread: On My Way #2
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Just checking to say hi, will write more later xoxo
Thanks for popping in. Hope all is well with you.

So Far

Today's going fine. Although up later than originally intended last night, I was at the gym at my targeted time and had another good workout. My legs are still a little sore from Monday's "fun", but I was able to deal with a short run yesterday so after no leg work today tomorrow's run should be even easier. Saturday will see me doing another double digit mile run, I think I'm slated for 15. As always happens when my training runs get into the upper double digits they begin to take up a lot of my mental capital because I start to think about them days in advance. They're really not fun, but the prize is me crossing the finish line on race day and being able to not have the race be 26.2 miles of torture.

It's almost guaranteed that at some point during the race I'm going to have to will myself to keep going, but that's also part of the training process. I need my mind to be strong and override the complaints of my body when my muscles are screaming that they are tired and it's a big reason why I like to train alone. Come race day I'll be on the course without the benefit of my wife (who I've run many half marathons with) beside me or a friend imploring me to fight through the uncomfortableness. It will be just me and the miles and the better trained I am the better my race day experience will be.

Sorry about the tangent.