View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 10:10 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Thanks Mags! You're just saying that because it's true! What other word sounds like the **** word that was censored? Hey whatever enjoy the bushes. Rye grass is a lawn grass and the annual version provides fast lawn coverage and erosion control. It is a winter grass that thrives in our mild winters here. Its seed is very inexpensive and my deer will love it all winter until the regular summer lawn grasses here come back in spring and overgrow it. Read about rye grass here: Uses For Annual Ryegrass & Perennial Ryegrass | RyeGrasses.com

FBL,
Drinkin thinkin? Hey sorry about the medical insurance issues. ACA must have you right in the wrong category. I hope it resolves. Sorry you had some escape desires redirect to alcohol. I get that with cigarettes sometimes. Trust me, you'll adapt or find a way to ameliorate the impact. The Brits and Canadians have nationalized medicine, single payer, and it works rather spectacularly for them although like humans the world over they don't realize how good they have it until or unless they move to another country. We saw it in action the seven years we lived in Germany. Great medical care with no bankruptcies from catastrophic illnesses like here, nor bankrupt governments. But over there the rich have to pay taxes too unlike here where only us middle class do. And their corporations are not allowed to relocate their HQ to another country to avoid paying their fair share.

Wolf,
The recovered helping others recover is called "The Wounded Healer Concept." That is what I am doing here. And what we do when we help another who asks for information. The thing that is hard for us is that we tend to be codependent with our counselees unless we have a good mentor to staff to who will show us how we cause clients more issues when we try to get them to use our solutions instead of their own. We are there only to be a sounding board for them, teach coping skills as appropriate and asked for, and to help them develop alternatives that they can then accept or reject in turn.

That was hard for me because I so wanted to pull them along to the goals I had for them. I learned but even then, perfectly helping, I still lost a large number back to their old behaviors. See not all folks want to save themselves. Some just want attention and someone to understand and they become counseling junkies who feel better for an hour each week ,or twice a week, but change nothing the second they leave.. Others, the magical thinkers think that we will tap them on the head and shout heal and they will be healed with no boring effort on their part. The third group are willing to do whatever it takes, any amount of work necessary, and they save themselves. So 2/3rds we can't help, and 1/3 we can however temporarily that is for some. If we acknowledge our own capacity for self inflicted misery, then we can understand a little of what we have to contend with in any recovery situation. Challenging but very rewarding, especially when you get the first person who does the hard work and then tries to blame you for saving them. If at any time you believe that you will not be much help. THEY do the work. We are just moral support and trainers. Sometimes, we get it all right, and that is worth all the times we tried but they weren't ready to commit to themselves and their own survival.

FG,
If you want to garden in an exotic environment we can put you up as long as need be for a free gardener!

Just kidding but you do keep busy too.

RZ,
Yep!

I felt like getting a pic of Alfred E. Neuman and instead of "What? Me Worry? Say What, me asserive? under it.

I overdid it pulling my tractor scoop off and hitching up the grader blade and packing/grading the electrical trench. Tomorrow will tell if we get past (Passed) the inspoection and get the electric turned on so the rest can be done. We might be in it next Monday! (Now I've gone and jinxed it) Back hurting gotta tale a Naproxyn Sodium 500 and rack out.