View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
digdug

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Hey North and Joy - good to see you guys!

I signed the lease to the new apartment with my girlfriend. Dropped off the check for the first two months today. So I'll be moving in late Nov/early Dec. My girlfriend and I have had lot of discussions and made a lot of compromises over the last week or so. Good progress.

I also told my mom that I'm moving in with my gf. She took it well because she loves my gf. My 95 year old grandmother is in town and we all had dinner last night. She managed not to say anything racist (my gf is black) so that's a plus.

Add me to the no sleep club. Usually, I get like 5-6 hours a night, which is fine for me. It's not because of insomnia. Once my head hits the pillow, I'm out. It's more due to work or in some cases, I'd rather stay up and do something else besides sleep. I've always been a night owl, so going to bed at 1am is normal for me.

But these past few nights, I've been up until like 3-4am for work. I was a zombie today. Came home at 6pm and just passed out until 9:30. I still have work to do. Debating if I should just eat a quick dinner now and then go back to sleep until like 3-4am and just do my work in the early morning. It's not usually like this. My work ebbs and flows, and right now, it's hitting hard. I've had two huge M&A deals go down this week. I'm behind on the yearly publication that I edit for the firm. I also have multiple affordable care act projects I need to get done this week.

I'm not anxious. Just tired. I'm a huge fan of naps. I take sleep when I can get it. And one of these days I swear I will get a normal 9-5 job. But for now, I do like my job. I like not knowing what I'll be doing next week, let alone next month. I like doing different stuff every day. I get bored quickly with monotony. But I could eventually see myself going in-house somewhere. Maybe the head of HR or compensation/benefits for a medium-sized company.

So this week sucks, but next week should be better (famous last words lol). I did manage to get out of having to fly to San Francisco every week for the next month. Someone else wanted to do it, so I was A-OK with that.