View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
7 days NT! Way to go! I agree wholeheartedly, it is hard to believe how this can suck you in and the life out of you. I'm determined not to let that happen again!
Proud of all the accomplishments around here. Bexxed, even if your snack had 3x the calories compared to alcohol, I'd chalk that up to a win. We need to give our bodies and minds time to recover from our unhealthy alcohol habits and that's not just like flipping a switch.

Sadie we are still sober twins! Day 8 for me today too. Double digits soon. I am also in mourning still, was watching my show last night (Empire - new guilty pleasure) and I totally erupted into tears not just once, but TWICE! I am not usually an emotional person, so that for me was new. I'm trying to be calm and weather the storm...

Hope everyone here is enjoying this lovely morning sober. Even if things aren't perfect, being sober is enough for me.
Thank Kc3. A day hasn't gone by in which I nearly threw in the towel.

Back at work after my mini-vacation at home. Wife was back teaching a few weeks ago and our son does not go back until after labor day. So, we spent Friday thru Monday together. It was a blast. He's growing up so fast. So, I was going thru withdrawals, was happy, was sad, felt old and was elated to be with him. I nearly cried for gosh-sakes just hugging him a few times while appreciating him and sobriety all at once. I'm los'n it man!

What sucks for me is that I really never get hammered. I have a very high threshold. But I pay dearly the next day. And some days I just couldn't even concentrate on things he wanted to do. Shame on me...

Well, Stay Strong Augustables......