View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Hi guys, its Monday afternoon already and I'm sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. I too am grateful for this group!

I had an very good weekend, I spent an afternoon on the beach with a friend whom I realized I've been avoiding all summer. We used to drink wine together, like all the time. It was really nice to catch up and I now realize that our friendship wasn't just about wine, it was the conversation and understanding of one another.

Last night, my son and I decided to go swimming in the lake. It was cold! His soccer ball was floating away, for some reason the current was pulling to farther away from shore, and he was genuinely upset about it, almost in tears. So I bravely jumped in the freezing cold water and swam out to get it! He was so happy because it was his favorite ball. We ended up staying in the water and played with the ball. Fun stuff. Ended the night with a bon fire and marshmallows. My son was supposed to sleep with me out in the tent, but he jammed. So it was just me and the dog, sleeping in the fresh air, only to be woken up early this morning by loud thunder and lightning! yikes.

Amp, your post from the other day brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you and your family.

SwimKim, it sounds like you are enjoying your vacation! I would go to Santa Claus beach if I was you, and build a sandman.

Cee, I am glad the skies are clearing in your neck of the woods! It's been a bit hazy here due to the forest fires south of the border.