View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
strategery

Hello everyone! It’s wonderful to see each of you here today!
It’s wonderful to see you again airwick, angd1978, Bubovski, ChloeRose63, Dharma33, immri, least, Marcher13, Ringthedoorbell, and my food partner in crime, VikingGF. We’re so glad to have each of you here with us again today! We’ve missed you!

Congratulations today to all of us today that are going for another 24!!! Thank you all for participating! I think this is one of the most special places on SR and I am so glad that every single one of you is here!!
Here’s today’s list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from 5:41p CST August 28 to now, August 29 CST:
1newcreation
airwick
altoids
angd1978
BarbieKen
BringingBackB
Bubovski
BuddinK
CaseyW
ChloeRose63
Coldfusion
courage2
Dee74
Della1968
Dharma33
erfra7
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
Grateful11
growpath
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
Hypernova
immri
Jeni26
Joanne B
jsm273
kaneda8888
Kris47
least
letitgo
Marcher13
Mark1014
Meshelly
mystified
nogoingback
Purpleknight
Ringthedoorbell
sagittarius714
site1Q84
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
Solarion
sthlondonab
strategery
Surrender2win
tgirl
tootsl1
upwardspiral
vanaprastha
venuscat
VikingGF
yukonm

Today we are covering the Bearded Vulture (Gypaetus barbatus) which is also endangered. While it has been making a comeback in Europe due to conservation programs and captive breeding, the global population is in decline due to a number of threats. An interesting fact is that feral dogs are a major threat to this species. In Africa, non-target poisoning is used to control feral dogs. Since the bearded vultures are scavengers, they have been being poisoned as a result. In India, an increase in feral dogs has led to greater competition for food

I think this vulture is on the look-out for VikingGF's peanutbutter coconut balls. Yum!

I always look forward to seeing each and every one of you here! I hope to see you all here again tomorrow!