View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hi, I know this prob won't be read for a while and not really looking for answers just need to get things straight in my head. Today for the first time in a long time I wanted to drink.

I've had a very difficult weekend. Someone said something to new mr RAL about me - a very bad thing which was untrue. I know it's untrue and so does he but it has caused me to feel angry, resentful, hurt and upset.

It was an old friend of his (female) who has always had a bit of a thing for him. we knew she was visiting so this has been building up for a while as I do believe she has a problem with me as we are together. she had clearly already made her mind up about me before she'd even met me. Anyway the evening ended extremely badly. Unfortumately he and I rowed ( privately at home, not in public).

I just feel so insecure and vulnerable now and terribly on edge. I won't drink but the fact the thought is there scares me.

I know we can't control what anyone else says or does, it's how we react that matters. I just feel bad - he has said I come first and I am his priority. I am not expecting him to choose or say don't speak to her/see her again. he says he will not but this is extreme. I would never try and control anyone or their friends and am concerned this may cause resentment in our relationship.

We parted this morning amicably but to spend the day separately for thought and space.

I genuinely cannot be friendly with this woman though after what she said to him about me. She is trying to sow the seed of doubt in his mind. He says she has done this before when he has been in other relationships. She is very unstable.

I just thought my life was so calm and contented - I even posted about it last week and then this happens!