View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nymets86

Ang, sorry to hear about the health troubles, but your attitude is quite uplifting, and if you keep this positive attitude, I think you can get through it and manage.

Obviously, it will be a ton easier sticking to a special diet when alcohol isn't involved since I know for myself at least, I don't eat healthy things when drinking and lose track of what I ate.

I'm up early on a Saturday AM here in NYC. Going to go for a nice long jog, then catch up on some work, which is a bit frustrating since August is usually my slow season, but I was dealing with some difficult clients this week who were making me do lots of things which didn't really have much benefit for me. Yesterday, I had a craving in the late afternoon when I could see the light at the end of the tunnel for the work week. But I just took a deep breath and realized that today would be miserable if I drank last night since I wouldn't get my planned jog in, I'd have no motivation to do the 2-3 hours of work needed so that I'm back on track for Monday, and being hungover at the 4PM baseball game today (Mets/Red Sox) would be miserable. So, glad to report it's a nice hangover free morning and I'm just catching up on posts and reading the newspapers right now, then a jog, catching up on work, and then the Mets/Red Sox game.

Happy Saturday everyone!