View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Cbf123

Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
Hello Julyers,

Checking in.
I'm still hanging in there. Thanks BBFree for keeping track, yes, you, Angd and I are all on the same day. Starting to rack them up.

Congratulations to everyone here, for sticking with it. Cbf, good for you on coming right back here!

I've mentioned how I started smoking again after 20+ years without. I remember now that Carr's stop-smoking book was what helped me get started on the long quit. My thoughts were "Well, he's not a very good writer (yeah, a misguided snobbish stance) but I'm going to believe what he says because he's obviously passionate about it". He said that quitting was just as difficult for people who didn't smoke 'that much' (in my case 5-10 a day) because we're used to putting off the AV, etc.

So I imagine his book about drinking is just as useful.

I also recently finished Drinking: a Love Story. IMO, it had an interesting and well-written narrative (liked the chapter on denial), but I didn't find it as compelling as some other recovery books. Just my take.

Anyway, I'd better go. A periodontal visit is waiting and I have to mentally prepare. Yikes.

Hang in there, everyone.
Thanks Toki, and you too Ang - still here, back on day 3. That little bit of distance between the dates has brought a bit of positivity back into me again. Good luck to you both with your respective ailments at the moment! Hope the weekend gets off to the best of starts for all.