View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Hey all!
I've been busy helping family. Yesterday my MIL died. I have pics of a week ago where she was sitting on the side of the bed and responsive. Yesterday gasping and unresponsive until she went.

It's a case of thank goodness it wasn't any longer as she was in terrible pain. Hospice had her "comfortable" with sedation. My wife is over at my FIL's helping with making final arrangements and all yesterday and last night we were over there.

I will really miss her, she will be missed by all.

They are going over to pick out a plot and that is not my call so I'm here on our property waiting for the contractors. Only need to finish installing the natural gas lines and then the electrician will be back Sunday as he bungled the job of laying the underground wiring for the house. He did not pull a permit and tried to get away with burying it only 6-10 inches instead of 24" as code calls for. It seems a competitor called in and made a complaint and the inspector checked and no permit was pulled for the work. So my place has been delayed an extra two weeks by that. He'd better get it right because the inspector is the head guy who is great in my book. I honestly did not check codes. He was hired by the contractor for the house, not me.

So daily I am here showing each one where the lines are and making sure no more skating contractors get by.

Sorry all, I am worn out and just need a few nights good sleep without interruption. We love our little 5th Wheel RV, but are long past ready to sleep in our own bed.

I don't nap but I think I need one today and it's only 4 PM. Glad we bought a lot of frozen dinners for the duration. I think I'm ordering pizza tonight. I'm fine, just in a support role for the wife and family.