View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
kittycat3

Hi SJ, I think that sometimes too. Or yesterday I thought about wishing I could time-leap from 9 PM until 6 AM past my cravings....but I did muddle through sober.

I'm new to this class. Day 3 for me today. Had a nasty bender on Monday night that I'm still recovering from. I feel better, but still not 100%. My appetite has been crummy (although getting increasingly better) and I hope later today I can get out for at least a walk to get the blood pumping. I'm also on day 3 from not smoking, which may be making things worse as far as how I feel, but I'm just glad to be done with both my unhealthy habits...I've quit both smoking and drinking countless times, so I know I can do this. It's the staying quit that is hard.

Feeling half-confident and half-hopeful and half scared out of my wits. I'm so scared I can't do this and will have a repeat of monday night's destruction. But joining this class will help me to feel less alone and that there are others who lead a double life like I am doing. My close friends and family think I don't drink, they don't know that for the last several years that every few months or even more that I go out drinking and sometimes it gets out of control. I am not sure I can tell them the truth, but I thank you guys for reading and being my support group.

Hugs to all in the August class!