View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

Hello everyone I've been keeping myself busy .

Ladybug , how wonderful on reaching 10 days , you must be feeling fantastic.

Bob , I remember taking my ACDC tape cassette on a class trip to Mt Gambier.

We turned up the song , " Big Balls " and all us lovely young catholic girls sang it very loud in front of the nuns on the bus.! What a bunch of ratbags lol.

It was one of my favourite cassettes , ooooh showing my age now lol !!!!

Remember the days when we had to wait patiently by the radio after school for our favourite songs to come on and hit record & play at the same time !

There was definitely an art to it , and we would get annoyed if the radio announcer came in too soon before the end of the song and ruin our hard waited for handiwork.

I loved those personal cassette tapes

I'm still in bed and the cats are running all over the place in a frenzy ....

Lunatics !!!

Think I'm going to just read today. Hollys at work . I have an appointment at Apple in the city to get my iPhone screen fixed. But I just don't have the desire to go.

I'm much safer in bed where I can't drive past any bottleos

I'll decide in an hour.

It's ridiculous really. We only have one Apple store in Adelaide and it was choccas

We went on Friday to get it fixed . Got a park in the city all for them to tell me I needed an appointment ! Wtf and the closest I could get was this Thursday.

It's gonna cost $179 just to replace the screen or $465 if it's gone deeper into the LED. Omg !

It's under warranty , I'm sure they could come up with a better cover than glass , it just makes them more money.

I said why am I under warranty but can't use it , wouldn't it be fair to cover 1 accidental drop? He glared at me as if , how dare you challenge Apples warranty ...Blegh I didn't care , that's an exorbitant amount of money ! He was a bit of a fruitcake this guy!

He had one of those high and low extreme tones to his voice. If you said the right thing it was low tone , if you said a disapproving thing it went to ultra high tone in an instant.

We had a good chuckle about it on the way home .

Holly just said , Mum ..that dude was weiiiirrrdddd....lol

Then we all just laughed . He kept crossing his arms and would come right in about 2 inches from my face if he disapproved lol, cradling his little clipboard!

Aaah it's the little things. He was just doing his job with a little entertainment on the side. Maybe he wants to be an actor like you Leshar xxx

They may have to keep it , so I'm backing it up now or I'll lose all my stuff.

I'm feeling really lethargic , this mind battling between wether to drink or not to drink is absolutely exhausting.

I hope to hear from you today Leshar xxxxx

Thanks for the Pm Wolfy , I WILL post and stay in touch .xxxx
You're such a good li'l sprout

Crois , you made me chuckle when you said you worry about us more than your own family at times ! hahaha I totally get that sistah !

I'm very relieved as my doctor was wonderful. He is going to give me a certificate to cover my time in rehab , so it will also cover me not being able to attend my workcover commitments.
I was really worried about that.

He said my workcover Doc doesn't need to know the reason .

My workcover doc is lovely , he has given me another 3 weeks of light duties . I think he can see I look like shittt and I'm fragile so something must be going on with me other than work . Who knows?

But he was very kind. Took my hand & told me not to worry about anything and that this is going to take as long as it takes and I think he's being very lenient with me.

Some people are just good people xx

I felt quite moved as he patted me on the back and said work will take car of itself , your job is just a job. He had been to 2 funerals in the past fortnight . One was his best friend in his 30s who died of liver disease ......

He said we ALL need to work to make money to pay our bills. Don't worry if your boss is an arse, he is no one to me . He is not family or friend.

Don't feel guilty cos my coworkers have to pick up some of the work I can't do , that's up to them to tell the boss ! Not me.

He really made perfect sense. I need to do less worrying about what other people think.

I told him I always feel better after a chat with him & that he should go into psychology lol. We both chuckled and I felt great.

Oh my , I do declare I'm writing a novel here.

Ok enough about me .

Dee I hope you're feeling well at the moment , I do know you have your ups and downs.you are always so gracious . You always have time to make us feel better about ourselves .

Shaun is wonderful , he's taking my phone in for me and getting it done. He catching the O Bahn into the city. Taking my keys so I can't venture off ! Lol bless him. I'm very lucky to have him.

I'm here all day reading guys , gonna go back to some real , real oldies from 2002 etc .

Might write some poems , although my thought process is shite at the moment , I can't seem to rhyme for crap .

Gilmer , I just loved your story , I really did I love it when you write long posts , they are always so entertaining.

I think Pete must be all loved up and doing great :-) I'm so proud of him.

I love you, my Julyers , thanks for EVERYTHING.

Yesterday was a full on day. My brother shouted Shaun ,Holly, Mum,Dad and I out for lunch as well as my Aunty , uncle and dear cousin I hadn't seen for about 4 years. It was a brilliant afternoon.

It was very hard tho my cousin and Aunty were drinking white wine and it was a distraction , it's all I wanted too but Mum & Dad were there so I didn't want to worry them so I had lemon , lime and bitters.

Then I had my physio apt , then a doc apt and came home and made a lovely dinner ( well technically I cheated cos I bought a huge family chicken pie and heated it up lol. Had baby potatoes with peas from a can.

Fresh corn I microwaved , then slathered with garlic butter.

The hardest thing was boiling the kettle and making the Instant gravy! ( I went all out ! )

Wow it was really delicious though .
Holly has gone vegetarian as she clicked on something that upset her.

It was a cow being decapitated , it really affected her so she won't touch meat now :/

I'm looking up vegetarian meals this morning.