View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Cbf123

Originally Posted by letitgo View Post
Glad your back CBF
This is my 3rd go at sobriety CBF. Its nots easy to acheive. Breaking the chains of lifeling habits take time. Read somewhere else on the forum that its very important if you slip to not slid also. Great metaphor slipnslide. I slid my last 2 times. Meaning you just go right back to you old ways. It sounds like you already recognized the issue here and are back on the right path.
I relapsed at a party. I did so well for 3 months and was with coworkers. 90 day curse lol
When we feel to comfortable its time to recognize what is really going on.
SR has chats at 9pm est tuesday and friday. The last 2 topics where complacency and what do you when things get hard. Really great discussions and topics to think about. Hard to make depending on where you live but i know BBB said they have smart meetings also. I beleive the meetings really help.

I think the meetings sound like a great idea. I'll check what time that is here in the UK, maybe too late, but I'll certainly look. *edit* Yeah, it's 3am my time. If my daughter was still feeding in the night I might have made it, but I'm just not enough of a night owl to see 3am these days!! Will pop in and have a look today though, not seen the chat before.

I really have no intention of sliding. I'm the same as others in that this isn't my first attempt to get sober, and I too have been hit by 3 month lapses before. I knew even last night when I was drinking that I'd be back here today, making sure that I know why it's such a bad idea to be drinking. There was no pressure on me to do it, I made the mistake and I have to fix it. Been so long since I woke up with a hangover - who the heck'd want to do this everyday!!

Onwards and upwards. Thanks to all of the class for your support!