View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Time2Rise

Originally Posted by Gjess View Post
Day 9 . Late evening and a huge craving . Dear alcohol, we had quite an eventful time in a past but please leave me alone from now on , you almost ruined my life and I have no feelings for you anymore. Good bye wine , hopefully we will never meet again. On a serious note , this craving came out of nowhere, I hate it and feeling upset as I was doing so well for the past few days
Gjess, I highly recommend using mindfulness to urge surf. I've used it a number of times over the last 10 days and it has helped greatly when I feel myself having cravings.

To get started with urge surfing try these three steps:
  • When you feel a craving coming on, sit down in a comfortable chair (ideally in a place where you won’t be disturbed), put your feet flat on the floor and take a few deep breaths to relax yourself. Close your eyes and look inward into your body. Try to feel where in your body you experience sensations of cravings and describe to yourself what these cravings feel like in different parts of your body (for example "I feel a tightness in my legs and my stomach is kind of jumpy…").
  • Pick one area in your body that seems most affected by sensations of craving and focus deeply on these sensations as they pass by. To keep your mind from wandering, describe the sensations you experience in your chosen part of the body as they arise (for example "my arm is kind of itchy, now it’s almost like a pins-and-needles sensation just below my elbow in my inner arm…It feels warm too now…")
  • Next move to another affected part of the body and repeat the focused attention there, and then repeat with another part of the body. After a while, you will notice that the craving will have passed by

http://www.choosehelp.com/topics/rec...d-urge-surfing