Thread: How to discuss?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JessicaLives

How to discuss?

I am looking for opinions on what is the most effective way to talk to my fiance. we had an open discussion over the weekend and it was going good and I think he was sharing real feelings. I mostly blew it because I got upset and he reacted by getting defensive and then I escalated it. I own my part in our communicating problems and Im working on doing it more effectively with the help of Smart resources.

Could you share some things that make you feel comfortable when you talk to your wife, or family. If they listen and not interrupt, have a certain kind of demeanor, are able to talk without telling you a solution but wiling to discuss.

Id like to suggest he read a couple chapters from this book Beyond Addiction because I think its uplifting and empowering, but Im afraid to say this is good, will you read it and maybe we could discuss, and if he can identify with some of it?

we have always talked, even when he was using weed. I dont want his switch to opiates to shut up all the doors. he was talking last weekend so I know we can do it again.

maybe tell me not to be afraid to be honest and act like I always have? I dont understand why Im afraid all the sudden.