View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
emme99

Hi everyone, just checking in. I ended up calling in sick yesterday because I woke up at 10:00am which is when I am supposed to be at work. It just seemed easier at the time to call in than to be an hour late for work. I have worked for the same company for the last 15 years and my boss is great but I called in one day last week too and I need to quit doing that. It is 4:35am here and if I don't go to bed soon, I am afraid I will oversleep again. Since I have tried to stop drinking, my sleeping patterns have been way off. My doctor has prescribed some anti-depressants to take before going to bed to help me sleep but one doesn't work and the other makes me way too groggy in the morning and I can't take them when I have to work. Hopefully my body will eventually adjust and my sleeping will get back to normal.

I made it through the day without drinking so now I am on day 2. I hate having to start over again as the first few days are always difficult for me. I will get through them though. I just have to keep my focus on the goal of where I want to be.

Thank you for letting me be a part of this class. There seems to be a lot of motivating, positive people here
I hope everyone has a happy & sober Tuesday