View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Jsbodhi

Starting day 2, feeling good.
My problem is I've been drinking a bit responsibly, but I can't seem to actually quit, this is very frightening to me, I can have 1 bottle of wine a week, even just a couple beers, but I can't stop completely.
I feel really trapped by this.
I just want to stop, I was at about 6 bottles of wine a week when I first came here, so I'm getting better, I'm not trying to moderate, I'm trying to quit, the one bottle of wine is torture, its a lot of work to just have one.
Anyway, school is starting next month and I'd like to be bright eyed and bushy tailed this semester,and also actually participate in my hobbies rather than sit around drinking wine- such a waste of time.

I'll hang around here, I also have a secular AA group near my house, none of us are religious, we do mediation as the higher power thing, I can handle that.
I'll make a more concrete plan over the next day or two.
Right now I'm going for 30 days, I need to make reachable goals rather than forever goals or I'll panic and start drinking...

Sorry to post so much in your thread about myself Frank, but I like this thread so I'll hang around if thats ok