View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Kim, I so sorry! I am really glad you are still here and have a deeper resolve to stay sober. Quitting drinking is not easy, it's been a constant battle but learning how to cope is key. I've read alot of self help books about staying in the present moment, not living in the past, etc. etc. Most of this reading was when I still drank, and someone pointed out that trying to implement this life style was while drinking was like driving with the hand break on. So true. The same goes for meditation. I remember trying to get to that place of no thought by meditation instead of drinking. It never worked for me, because it just made my eventual drinking so much more remorseful. You do have a goal, keep it clear and everything will fall into place as it should. Keep the faith in yourself that you can do this. Life has a way of working itself out when you are focused on a goal.

I haven't exercised yet today, feeling lazy and blah. It's pouring rain outside and I just feel like doing nothing. Can't even stay focused on my new book. I think I will just force myself to work out, maybe just try some yoga as my back is achy today from yesterdays strength training.

On a good note, AV is real quiet today and I won't be drinking!