View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
strategery

Hello everyone! It’s wonderful to see each of you here today!

Welcome MilitiARGH! We are so glad you have joined us! We hope this is a place that you will find comfort and support in!

It’s wonderful to see you here again tootsl1 and Kaneda8888! We’ve missed you and glad that you’re both here again! I hope you’re enjoying your time in China, Kaneda!

Congratulations today to the awesome Upwardspiral on 1 major month of sobriety. May it be the beginning of many more months to come! Congratulations to the wonderful Amp123 on 4 spectacular months of sobriety as well as to me on a healthy delivery of 9 months of sobriety!

Here’s today’s list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from 6:14p CST August 19 to now, August 20 CST:

1newcreation
altoids
ANewDayNYC
ardy
BarbieKen
biminiblue
Bubovski
buddink
CaseyW
chickchick
chloerose63
Coldfusion
Coleiope
courage2
dee74
efra7
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
growpath
HeartsAfire
Hevyn
Hypernova
Jeni26
Joanne B
jsm273
Justincredible
kaneda8888
kris47
least
Marcher13
Mark1014
Meshelly
MilitiARGH
mystified
nogoingback
sagittarius714
site1Q84
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
sthlondonab
strategery
Surrender2win
tgirl
tootsl1
upwardspiral
vanaprastha
venuscat
yukonm
zeppodog

Today we are covering the Aye-Aye (Daubentonia madagascariensis) which is another endangered species of lemur in Madagascar. This species is thought to be a symbol of bad luck/evil and is many times killed on site. An interesting fact about this species is that it uses a unique method for obtaining food, known as percussive foraging. With progressive foraging, the aye-aye taps on trees to find grubs. It then gnaws holes in the wood using its forward slanting incisors to create a small hole. It then inserts its narrow middle finger into the hole to pull the grubs out.

A picture of an aye-aye (and no we aren't on a ship matey! lol...)

I always look forward to seeing each and every one of you here! I hope to see you all here again tomorrow! Hopefully, Forgivemeall and Altoids can bring us muffins tomorrow!