View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JessicaLives

How to Discuss his drug use

I found out last weekend my boyfriend, my fiance , we have our wedding planned for next May, he has been using or maybe only experimenting with hard drugs. One friend said heroin, but I saw a text where he talked about what looked like pills. I havent questioned him on any of it yet.

I got the Beyond Addiction book and went through 3 chapters so far. I skipped ahead too even though it said not to. I like the book but Im not sure where to start, and how to do this first discussion with him while trying to keep it supportive, and show him Im on his side. see hes always had anxiety. He had an abusive childhood and has been smoking weed to help with it. Hes not a pot head, he doesnt get spaced out like I did when I tried it. He only gets more relaxed. I have always thought he should see a doctor but hes refused, and there havent been any problems because of the smoking.

The last month, hes been acting different. Hes been agitated, insulting to me, falls asleep easily, not eating as much and has lost weight I think. I was telling a mutual friend I was worried, and she told me her husband said he was smoking heroin. This isnt good and now I know he needs help. dont know for sure what hes using, but its more than weed now.

Please dont tell me to give up and leave. Im not at this point, and he doesnt have a helpful family I can turn to for much support. my family will help because they love him.

The book talks about preparing, but I feel scared to take time. I dont know where to start. Can you help me?