View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
strategery

Hello everyone! It’s always wonderful to see each of you here!
Welcome yjohn24 and Coleiope! We are glad you are here with us! We hope this is a place that you will find safety, encouragement and support!

It’s wonderful to see you here again ANewDayNYC, Ardy, chickchick, keeppushing and Ipanema ! We’ve missed you!
Congratulations today to the wonderful and amazing daybyday71915 on 1 major month of sobriety. Hopefully, it’s the beginning of many, many more months to come!
Here’s today’s list of those who made part of their commitment to sobriety include posting on this thread from 4:59p CST August 18 to now, August 19 CST:
1newcreation
airwick
altoids
Alynn
ANewDayNYC
ardy
BarbieKen
biminiblue
BringingBackB
Bubovski
buddink
CaseyW
chickchick
chloerose63
Coldfusion
Coleiope
courage2
dee74
efra7
ForgiveMeAll
FormerBeerLover
Gilmer
Goat
goose333
growpath
HeartsAfire
hevyn
Hypernova
immri
Ipanema
Jeni26
Joanne B
jsm273
Justincredible
keeppushing
kris47
least
Marcher13
Mark1014
Meshelly
mystified
nogoingback
sagittarius714
site1Q84
SoberLeigh
soberwolf
sthlondonab
strategery
Surrender2win
tgirl
Trees39
upwardspiral
vanaprastha
venuscat
yjohn24
yukonm
zeppodog

Today we are covering the Brazilian Three-banded Armadillo (Tolypeutes tricinctus). Interestingly, the three-banded armadillo was the official mascot of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. An interesting fact is that when they are threatened, they roll up in to a ball for protection. Additionally, this species was thought to be extinct, but was rediscovered in several locations in 1988.

A Brazilian Three banded armadillo rolling itself into a ball. It’s quite a solid and impressive little ball!

I always look forward to seeing each and every one of you here! I hope to see you all here again tomorrow! For some of our awesome regulars that have a regular check-in close to when I post and already checked in, I already have you down (Marcher13, Bubovski and ANewdayNYC) for tomorrow's check-in since I am running late today, so don’t worry.