View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Crysalis

Originally Posted by GS123 View Post
Very interesting and powerful thread, very empowering for many who have been sober for a while to look back at what used to be a part of the daily routine, I wonder how many of us who are currently in early stages of recovery (like myself) know it hasn't been long since doing this and probably still have liquor store employees (or dealers) that know them well and will use this story to help empower their recovery, I know I will. Its crazy how much my thinking has changed recently, I have felt a lot of embarrasment from my past activities honestly but from that has stemmed empowerment that makes me never want to be there again.
I completely agree, its such a good and inspiring post.

I know one thing for certain and that is that I NEVER EVER want to go into my local off licence ever again. Now every week I dont go there (or anywhere else) is a week I will be proud of thanks to this thread.

I won't miss the feeling of anxiety walking in and seeing the same girl at the counter and wondering if this is the day she will cut me off or is judging me. I won't miss feeling like I need to justify my purchase at the till!