View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Cbf123

Originally Posted by angd1978 View Post
Day one on the new contract starts tomorrow and I have meeting/training/meet the teacher all this week. It is going to be a busy one. I am so glad that I decided to give up the drinking because I honestly couldn't see myself plowing through the immense stress that I am under right now with alcohol in my life. Hmmm... it used to be the other way around. I know that getting closer to my higher power has helped me tremendously over the last 40 something days. I never want to go back to where I was in June. That is all!
Best of luck on the new start! Work (and life for that matter!) is so much easier sober. If only it was as easy to learn straight from the off!

Today I woke up with my first slight mental waver for a while. I didn't think about drinking as such, it was more like blind fear. I thought 'what if I just let my guard down, forget all the bad stuff', but thinking that way isn't going to make anything any easier, and really there isn't a reason to doubt my own 'self', the part of me that ultimately has to make these decisions and not get swept along in stupid passing thoughts.

Onwards and upwards, looking forward to checking off that month next week. Have a great day!