View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
lilac0721

August peeps, I'm struggling. Got everything on my to do list done. It was supposed to be a "rest day" since I felt so awful on yesterday's run and raced the day before. But I think if i have a chance in hell of getting through this afternoon sober, I have to go hiking.

Afternoons are tough for me. I get everything done in the morning. I don't have a job, part of my morning tasks includes job searching. Not much out there right now and I'm in limbo due to having just taken the licensing exam to practice my profession in this state 2 weeks ago and results don't come out until end of September/early October. Crap, hopefully I don't fail (like I did twice in CO before finally passing). Trying to stay positive: I passed! I passed! In spite of drinking I worked harder at studying this time than ever before (and the little critic in my head says "you didn't do enough, you had binge days throughout the months of studying...") even though I drank.

Ok I did what I could for today. Now to stay busy. I will go for a short hike. Maybe a long one. I'll read. No naps, that screws up my ability to sleep.