View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Wow Trachy, that's awful for your sister! Can she back out of the escrow? Better now than after closing, but what a tough one. Thoughts to out to her and you... And hopefully bil sobers up again...

Duff, congrats on your weight loss!! I have to get off the just got married I'll eat what I want diet! I can't do another whole30 without housing all up in the air, but I can stop the sugar and move more...

J just got to England, spent the day with her mummy and all is good. I join them in a week. I had a crazy week at work and realized there wasn't anything holding me from camping for the weekend, so here I am. spent the day in the river, now I'm chillin by the fire.

Had an interesting experience today. When I camp solo, it's almost a silent retreat for me. I don't play any radio, I don't talk unless I have to. I practically meditated al day. I stopped at a little gravel beach for lunch. It's river etiquette to pass an occupied beach and stop at another one if you want to stop, there are a lot of little beaches. Well one huge gaggle of peoe didn't get the memo. Well they if ores the memo. I had just gotten settled any gotten my lunch all unpacked when these really LOUD people all got out of their boats on this little beach. One dude almost hit me with his canoe. I thought "ok, it would have been nice if they had left me alone and gone to the next (larger) beach, but I'm going to enjoy my lunch it's ok. Then they started yelling, blaring their radio, smoking a foot from me, and I was letting their dog to keep him away from my goat cheese long before they noticed their dog had walked away. I started to get angry, almost said something to them. But would me pointing out what stinkers they were really change anything? Nope!

So... I calmly packed my lunch as though I was finishing up, wished them a nice day and paddled on. And found a nicer, quiet beach that stayed quiet. It dawned on me that I'm perfectly capable of creating my own peace.