View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
forabetterlife

Dd, I think that's a great idea ! I also want you to know that I think you are handling the situation very well. I know it hurts but you are looking at things realistically and staying sober. Focusing on you is the right thing to do now. The rest will fall into place.
KD, my walking led into jogging a few years ago (I'm 44) and it has done wonders for me. Im not very consistent these days but when I'm really into it, I totally feel that runners high. It's also another reason to stay sober.
Bob- hope you have a great day/ party. Good job recognizing the situation and squashing that desire to drink

I am having more thoughts of drinking today than I have had all week. I know it's because I'm dreading the stress of the workweek, and I often drank on Sundays as kind of an act of denial or rebellion to what is ahead. I know that's the worst thing I could do. I've exercised a lot this weekend and planned to start my diet today. I am thinking I will just be more mindful of my portion sizes and snack less rather thank full blown diet. It's way too early for me in sobriety to spend half my day hungry as well. Hunger is a huge trigger for me .

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. It's gonna take all I have but I won't drink today. I don't want to lose my precious sleep or all of my hard work this week