View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
SwimKim12

Morning, All! Good vibes here this morning. I like it! To your question, Amp, the biggest change for me has been becoming confident and happy with myself. Even when I do things that I'm not proud of (like eating half a bag of chocolate chip cookies last night bc the AV was bothering me) I am able to forgive myself. I've accepted that I'm human and therefore not perfect and everyday is a new fresh start.

As I mentioned earlier, I joined the August class and it has been really interesting to see where everyone is at the first few days/weeks. People post and are just so unhappy with themselves: unhappy for relapsing, unhappy about mistakes they've made, etc. I'm really seeing those feelings now as the product of the AV; it wants you to feel bad about everything and that you're not worth it so you will drink. I've decided that I'm not going to let my AV make me feel bad about relapsing. Instead, it was a huge lesson learned on my path to lifelong sobriety. I quit drinking in April and that doesn't change. I learned how manipulative the AV can be even at 90 days in and that I need to keep my guard up extra high this time.

I am happy to not be hungover this morning!