View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by MEG2040333 View Post
Hope springs eternal.
But as I've read on here before, "hope is not a plan."

And it's true. You can waste your entire life, hoping, but w/o making any plans or taking any action to really and truly get the life you want and deserve, that's all it is, hopes and dreams.

Also, I hope the "high functioning" thing has been cleared up for you. So many people come here w/the same misunderstanding, that a "high functioning" A is somehow always going to remain that way and is a completely different animal from the stumbling, puking, jobless bums that they picture as A's. XAH is and has been high-functioning for years, but I suspect that when the bottom drops out, it is going to be catastrophic. The glimpses inside that I've had are exactly what Lexie said in her post--it's not showing on the outside yet (much) but inside, it's getting worse and worse. He is my "X" b/c I don't want to be standing anywhere near the crater that will form when (not if) that happens. It's not that I didn't, or don't, care--it's that I am NOT going to go down w/the ship. How would that be in anyone's best interests?