View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Once in a great while, my Elapsed Time Sober pops into my Head at random. No big deal, since my Big Plan is my permanent reference point.

'BC' = 'Before Clarity'. "AD' = 'After Drinking'.

I shifted Drinking more/again into the same Mental/Ethical Compartment as stealing Money from a Friend's House just because he left his Wallet on the Table. Kicking the Dog because I'm mad. Hitting my Wife. Cheating on my Taxes. Ask about anyone if these Behaviors are likely to happen imminently in their Lives? I can answer an unwavering 'No' to that question. I can provide the same unwavering answer of 'No' to the question 'Will I Drink Again'? We all have things we just don't do. Add Drinking to that non-negotiable List. I used to have Asthma. Now, I don't. I don't live Life constantly thinking 'I used to have Asthma'. Likewise, I used to Drink.

Once in a while, I recall the awful Physical Symptoms. The time-consuming Liquor purchasing, and Bottle hiding. All the cancelled Plans. Everyone here knows the Fire Drill. Fact is, for me, the entire Mindset that 'I'm one Drink away from oblivion', or all this consternation over 'that first Drink', seems undercutting. And, a waste of energy. Move on down the Road of Life. Sober.

I sweat 'a first Drink' about like I sweat getting hit by a Meteorite. It's over. I'm done. I've better things to think about. This is the point I hope others get to via whatever means work for them.